As you can see above, the new Generation of Old Mac Boot on the left is sleeker than the original model on the right. Other improvements and changes to the boots are:
- Streamlined uppers are stiched,not riveted to the sole which also has a new tread pattern.
- The new sole material is more durable and lightweight.
- The toe is scuff proof and has a rounded shape.
- There are 2 more larger sizes – 9 & 10.
- The boots are not as wide as the originals to suit horses with narrower hooves.
The G2 Old Macs will be available from your local saddlery store from February 2006. The original style will continue to be sold for wider hoofed horses.